- Psychology Today Website --> "Find a Therapist" Enter City/Zip Code --> Left side of the page, Select Insurance Type --> Scroll down and then select, "Online Therapy" --> Select "Online Counseling"
- Talk Space
- How to Deal with Anxiety: Information about anxiety, also with coping mechanisms for dealing with anxiety
If you want more support besides our crisis line, here are some resources:
1-800-273-TALK (8255) or 1-800-SUICIDE (24/7, free, confidential)
Crisis Text Line: Text “START” to 741-74NCDHHS Resources NC Center for Nonprofits Pandemic Resources Center For Disease Control Website Protecting Your Mental Health During the Coronavirus Outbreak World Health Organization Free Guide To Living With Worry And Anxiety Amidst Global Uncertainty Managing Stress and Anxiety 88 Ways to Not Freak the F*ck Out
NAMI Orange County NC Helpline: 919-929-7822
Cardinal Innovations: 1-800-939-5911
Freedom House Recovery Center: 919-967-8844
104 New Stateside Drive, Building 110
Chapel Hill NC27516
Sunday - Saturday – 24 hours/day
Chapel Hill Police Department Crisis Unit: 919-968-2806 The Crisis Unit’s operating hours are from 8AM – 11PM Monday – Friday, except major holidays.
- Alcoholics Anonymous
- Between the Bars: A weblog platform for people in prison
- Chapel Hill Compass Center for Women and Children
- Equal Justice Initiative: A private, nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization that provides legal representation to indigent defendants and prisoners who have been denied fair and just treatment in the legal system.
- Hidden Voices in Prison
- Narcotics Anonymous
- Nation Inside: A platform that connects and supports people who are building a movement to systematically challenge mass incarceration in the United States
- New Jim Crow: Mass Incarceration in the Age of Colorblindness
- NC DPS Office of Reentry and Transition Services
- North Carolina Department of Public Safety
- Prisoner Books Collective
- The Nation: Sylvia A. Harvey’s “What About Us?” explores the effect of incarceration on families. If you doubt how vital Straight Talk’s work is, just read this.
- “The New Jim Crow” by Michelle Alexander Ohio State Journal of Criminal Law version
- The New Jim Crow by Michelle Alexander full book version
- Protesters Demand an Investigation into Abuses at Durham Jail – by Billy Ball Indy 12-16-2015
- 10-01-15 Sentencing Reform and Corrections Act Section by Section
- Middle Of Nowhere Guide – Before “Selma” Ava DuVernay won the Sundance Film Festival award for directing with this powerful film about a woman’s separation from her family. This guide explains how we can understand and take action about this crisis.
- Can Cities End the School-to-Prison Pipeline Relentless Organizers Are Tallying Winsby Marcus Harrison Green in YES! Magazine
- 17 Ways You Can Work For Social Justice by Nina Flores in YES! Magazine
- A summary of EJI Lynching in America. Bryan Stevenson’s Equal Justice Initiative looks deeply into the deleterious effects even today of the heinous hate crime.