- Alcoholics Anonymous
- Between the Bars a weblog platform for people in prison
- Chapel Hill Compass Center for Women and Children
- Equal Justice Initiative a private, nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization that provides legal representation to indigent defendants and prisoners who have been denied fair and just treatment in the legal system.
- Hidden Voices in Prison
- Narcotics Anonymous
- Nation Inside is a platform that connects and supports people who are building a movement to systematically challenge mass incarceration in the United States
- New Jim Crow Mass Incarceration in the Age of Colorblindness
- NC DPS Office of Reentry and Transition Services
- North Carolina Department of Public Safety
- Prisoner Books Collective
- The Nation: Sylvia A. Harvey’s “What About Us?” explores the effect of incarceration on families. If you doubt how vital Straight Talk’s work is, just read this.
- “The New Jim Crow” by Michelle Alexander Ohio State Journal of Criminal Law version
- The New Jim Crow by Michelle Alexander full book version
- Protesters Demand an Investigation into Abuses at Durham Jail – by Billy Ball Indy 12-16-2015
- 10-01-15 Sentencing Reform and Corrections Act Section by Section
- Middle Of Nowhere Guide – Before “Selma” Ava DuVernay won the Sundance Film Festival award for directing with this powerful film about a woman’s separation from her family. This guide explains how we can understand and take action about this crisis.
- Can Cities End the School-to-Prison Pipeline Relentless Organizers Are Tallying Wins by Marcus Harrison Green in YES! Magazine
- 17 Ways You Can Work For Social Justice by Nina Flores in YES! Magazine
- A summary of EJI Lynching in America. Bryan Stevenson’s Equal Justice Initiative looks deeply into the deleterious effects even today of the heinous hate crime.